Admissions - Application Procedure
In order to preserve the good academic standing of the university and its historical record of graduates with successful careers, the Romanian-American University selects its students thoroughly before admission. However, a staff member within the International Recruitment Office will always be available to answer your questions and guide you through the process.
Complete the Contact Form
Start your online application. Click here: admission.ro-am.ro. Please have the required documents scanned (see below comprehensive list). You will be required to pay the application fee (50 EURO) through an online payment system
Prepare for the online interview with the Admission Staff
Wait for the Letter of Acceptance (issued by the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research in Romania)
Pay the Tuition Fee for one year (more on Fees and Finances) through bank transfer at your local bank
Apply for a student Visa at the local Romanian Embassy or Consulate (more information on Visa Application)
Application Documentation for non-EU nationals
Please note that all documents should be either in English or Romanian. For documents in other languages, certified translations in English should be provided. All documents should be authentic copies of the originals. Authentication should be obtained at the Romanian Embassy/Consulate (for the study certificates) or by legalizing at your local notary (for the other documents).
- 1 electronic, clear head photograph (3x5, passport style) in JPG/PNG format
- Birth certificate
- Document showing your permanent residence abroad (with full address) - if you do not have one, please contact the local authorities
- Travel Document - Passport/Travel Paper/National ID etc. according to applicable laws and regulations of transit
- Medical Certificate - stating your medical ability to undergo studies at the University and the fact that you are not a carrier for any known contagious diseases of illnesses
- Transcript of records - the document that states the subjects learnt in high-school and the grades obtained. If you have not yet graduated please send transcripts for the past 3 years of high-school. When applying for a Master Program, please send only the transcripts for the University years
- Final certificate of studies certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and the Romanian Embassy / Hague Apostille- High School Graduation Diploma stating your overall average grade that would allow you to pursue Higher Education in your own country. If you apply for a Master Program please send also the Bachelor Diploma, certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and the Romanian Embassy / Hague Apostille.
- Personal essay - Required only for Master Programs* (conditions of drafting)
- Proof of English skills:
- Either an internationally recognized English qualification certificate (IELTS grade 6.0 or higher, CAE grade C or higher, TOEFL iBT score 80 or higher)
- Either proof of undergoing your previous education fully taught in English
- Either obtain a pass in the Romanian-American University English Test
Application Documentation for EU/EAA/Swiss Confederation and Romanian nationals
- EU/EAA/Swiss Confederation nationals: applicants need to obtain the certificate of recognition of studies from the National Center for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas. The complete file must be sent to the International Office of the Romanian-American University. Please check here the required documents if you are applying to a Bachelor program and here if you are applying for a master program.
- Romanian applicants with studies abroad or international diplomas issued by international high schools from Romania need to obtain the certificate of recognition of studies from the National Center for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas. The complete file must be sent to the International Office of the Romanian-American University. Please check here the required documents, according to your status.
Please send an e-mail for further inquiries regarding the application documentation and procedure.